Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2011

Salvador says: Love Verses Bible Love Quotes

                                                   www.freelovequotes.info


The Bible has many examples of love quotes on the power of love - from being able to love ourselves, to being able to love God and everyone else in our life.


Genesis 29:20
"So Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8 and 13
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails ... And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Song of Solomon 8:7
"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned."

Proverbs 8:17
"I love those who love me, and those who seek me, find me."

Proverbs 15:17
"A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate."

Proverbs 17:9
"Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends."

Song of Solomon 8:6
"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame."

Ephesians 5:33
"Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

1 Peter 4:8
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

1 John 4:8
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

1 John 4:18
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

1 Timothy 1:5
"The goal of his command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

John 13:34-35
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Source: lovetips.com

No comments:

Post a Comment